Tour and holiday in Japan, from Tokyo to Okinawa
Discover the charm of Orient with this vacation and tailormade tour in Japan, colourful country rich in art, culture and spirituality. During this trip to Asia, you'll discover the most important cities in Japan and their world-famous temples, but also the crystal-clear, warm sea that laps the coastline of Okinawa, enjoying a 6-night luxury vacation in an elegant resort.Read more
Discover the charm of Orient with this vacation and tailormade tour in Japan, colourful country rich in art, culture and spirituality. During this trip to Asia, you'll discover the most important cities in Japan and their world-famous temples, but also the crystal-clear, warm sea that laps the coastline of Okinawa, enjoying a 6-night luxury vacation in an elegant resort.
This travel package offers a perfect union among discovery and relax, tourist monuments and sea: do not miss the chance to enjoy this unforgettable 16-day holiday, which takes you to:
Arrival at the airport of Haneda, in Tokyo, and meeting with our local, English speaking representative, who will help you during the transfer to the hotel by Airport Limousine Bus (85 minutes). The rest of the day is free at leisure. Overnight in the hotel.
The whole day is devoted to the visit of Tokyo. You'll move by public transportations accompanied by a local guide. It is possible to choose among these itineraries:
- Centre of Tokyo: Tokyo National Museum, Ameyoko, Sensoji (or Asakusa Kannon Temple), Cruise on Sumida River, Hamarikyu Gardens with tea break and central district of Ginza.
- Western Tokyo: Meiji Shrine, shopping in Omotesando, Ota Memorial Museum of Art, Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building Observation Deck in Shinjuku and the neighbourhood of Kabukicho.
- Old Edo Town and the area of the Bay of Tokyo: Edo-Tokyo Museum, Square of Tokyo Imperial Palace and the area of the Bay of Tokyo by monorail.
On booking, upon request and with additional charge and according to the duration of the chosen tour, it is possible to add to the itineraries the following visits/activities: Ghibli Museum, Kabuki Theatre, the Roppongi Hills Observatory, Shinagawa Aquarium, the Tea ceremony at Happo-En garden, a cruise in the Bay of Tokyo, Tokyo Disney Resort.
Overnight in the hotel.
Departure by train to reach Odawara and then Hakone, from where, by public transportations, you'll enjoy the local visits, including the panoramic visit at Fuji Mount (view permitting). At the end of the visits, transfer to the railway station of Odawara, where the guide will help you to get on board of the train to Kyoto (around 2 hours - the guide will go back to Tokyo). Individual transfer to the hotel (without guide).
The whole day is devoted to the visit of Kyoto (from 9 am to 5 pm). You'll move by public transports accompanied by local guide. It is possible to choose among these itineraries:
- Kyoto main: Golden Pavillon, Ryoanji, Kiyomizu Temple and the area of Gion (the oldest part of the city).
- Saganao - Arashiyama: Togetsukyo, Tenryuji Temple, Zyojakoin Temple and the neighbourhood of Arashiyama.
- Uji - Fushimi: Byodoin Temple, the tea ceremony, Fushimi Inari Shrine and the sake house.
On booking, upon request and with additional charge and according to the duration of the chosen tour, it is possible to add to the itineraries the following visits/activities: Hozu river, tea ceremony at Maiko house, Toei Uzumasa Movie Land and Yuzen Dyeing. To visit the following places, it is necessary to require special permissions before the visits: Katsura Rikyu, Sahib Ji Moss Garden and Shugakuin Rikyu.
Overnight in the hotel.
The whole day is free at leisure for individual visits. We suggest a tour of Nara and the visit of Miho Museum. Optional visits:
- Nara (9 am to 5 pm): Meeting with the local guide and transfer by Kintetsu train to Nara, first capital city of Japan. Visit Todaiji Temple, home to the country's largest Buddha statue hosted in the world's biggest wooden structure. A pleasant stroll, through the deer park and along a path studded by 1,800 stone and 1,000 metal lanterns, will take you to the colourful Kasuga Shrine. Visit the museum and the surrounding gardens. At the end, back to Kyoto. Lunch not included.
- Miho Museum (8.30 am to 3 pm or 11 am to 6 pm): Meeting with the local guide and transfer by train to the verdant Shiga Mounts. Miho Museums is a gem of contemporary architecture and is one of the masterpieces of the famous architect I.M. Pei, famous for having designed the Pyramid of Louvre. The simple architectonical lines, adorned with local stones, create a perfect union among the structure and the surronding nature, providing a place where the calm and sereni/ty of the Japanese landscape meets the magical, intense beauty of both the ancient Japanese and Western art. The excursion is not available on Mondays and from 01/01 to 14/03, from 09/06 to 11/07, from 18/08 to 31/08 and from 15/12 to 31/012. Lunch is not included.
Overnight in the hotel.
Individual transfer from the hotel to Kyoto railway station. Then, together with the guide, you'll reach Mount Koya via Osaka (Nankai Train - about 2 hours and 30 min).
Mount Koya (Koyasan) is around 800 m high and boasts a lush forest with more than 120 Buddhist temples. Visit to Mount Koya (Okunoin, Kongobuji, Kondo, Tokugawa Cemetery) by public transport.
Overnight at Fukuchi In Monastery, here it is possible to overnight only in monasteries; the room is equipped with a basic bathroom in Japanese-style. This simple and characteristical structure in typical Japanese-style offers rooms equipped with futon (Japanese bed) set on tatami. Vegetarian dinner according to the Japanese style and overnight.
Morning ceremony and vegetarian breakfast in typical Japanese-style, then transfer to Osaka by public transports. The guide will accompany you during the transfer (around 2 hours). You'll visit Osaka by public transports. Overnight in the hotel.
Transfer by Airport Limousine Bus to the international airport of Osaka Kansai and flight to Okinawa (around 50 min - the exact time of departure is confirmed the day before departure) - no guide during the transfer.
Enjoy your relaxing stay at Inter Continental Ana Manza Beach Resort, located in one of the most beautiful bays of the island. Around 60 min by taxi or 90 min by local bus connect the hotel to Okinawa / Naha airport.
During the stay you can enjoy the services provided by the resort, like the wellness center, 5 restaurants and sport amenities.
Transfer to Okinawa airport: end of services.
From Tokyo to Osaka:
| 12 days | No flight
Vietnam: Hanoi, Halong, Hue, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh City, Can Tho, Siem Reap, Tonle Sap
from 1,235 €
| 8 days | No flight
Vietnam: Hanoi, Halong, Hue, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh City
from 826 €
| 10 days | No flight
Vietnam: Hanoi, Ninh Binh, Halong, Hue, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh City
from 900 €