- City: Italy, Siena
- Duration: Full day
- Available languages: english italian spanish russian
- Meeting point: Florence, inside Santa Maria Novella train station, in front of the pharmacy with the green cross.
- Availability: SPECIAL EVENT: August 16th
Experience the world-famous Palio horse race, the most exciting event in Siena, on a day trip from Florence, wonderful city of Italy. You’ll enjoy a guided tour of Siena, watch the race from the Piazza del Campo, and later have dinner at a restaurant in the piazza as well.
The Palio is a famous horse race held twice a year in Piazza del Campo, in Siena. You will live all the drama and excitement of the four days of the Palio. On the the Palio’s eve, the “Prova Generale”, the second-last trial, is followed by a festive dinner.
The next day, the most exciting events start in the afternoon with the horses blessing. After a magnificent parade in Renaissance costumes, three frenzied laps of the Piazza will decide the winner. The citizens of the winning Contrada then acclaim the horse and the jockey as heroes and will proudly celebrate all year long. We are glad to offer packages that capture the true essence of the Palio, a tailor-made experience that will let you take home “the heart of Siena”.
• Travel by GT coach or minivan with air conditioning
• Expert escorts
• Guided tour of Siena with an expert guide
• Access to the square to watch the race
• Balcony or bleacher place: from € 450,00 per person
EN, ES, IT (no minimum required) RU (minimum of 4 participants) *This tour is not suitable for children under 3 years of age. Departure time: 12:30 pm (check in closes 15min before departure) Return point: Florence, Santa Maria Novella, train station Return time: around 10:30 pm