The luxury in Ayurveda: Ananda
An interior journey aimed at reconciling body and mind through the ancient discipline of Ayurveda, a word composed by "Ayur", lifespan or longevity and "veda" ,the revealed knowledge, traditional medicine used in India that boasts ancient origins.
You just have to spend your time in the care of the skilled hands to regain your balance and rejuvenate your senses at the luxury Ananda at the Himalayas Ayurvedic Resort, India.
Arrival in Delhi and meeting with your guide before the transfer to the hotel.
During the afternoon visiting of the city: starting from Old Delhi, the historical part, surrounded by walls. Passing through the Red Fort, you can admire the most majestic among the monuments of the Mughal Empire, the Jama Masjid (closed on Friday), which is the largest mosque in India. Built between 1644 and 1658 during the reign of Shah Jahan, it is an impressive piece of architecture of red brick and white marble that extends for 40 meters in height and boasts four towers at the corners and 3 gates.
On the banks of the river Yamuna there is the Rajghat: the place where Mahatma Gandhi was cremated, after his assassination in 1948.
Return to the hotel and overnight.
Breakfast at hotel.
The day is dedicated to the visit of New Delhi: the new part conceived, designed and built in a majestic style by the British in the 20s of XX century. This city boasts wide tree-lined streets, parks, gardens, big residences that host the Parliament, the ministries, embassies, the area of Connaught Place, the financial, commercial and business center.
The India Gate, or the arch of triumph, carries the names of several thousand Indians who lost their lives during the First World War. Opposite there is the Rashtrapati Bhavan, the official residence of the President of India, perfect blend of Mughal and Western architectural style. Surrounded by huge parks, its construction was completed in 1929. The Qutub Minar,73mt. high, is a tower with a diameter of 15m that is narrow up to a minimum of 2m and a half. It spreads over five floors, each of which has a projecting balcony. The mausoleum of Humayun, built between 1564 and 1572 by Haji Begum, the widow of the second Mughal emperor. After nine years after the death of Humayun, it took eight years to complete its construction. The mausoleum is an imposing structure, designed by the Persian Misak Ghiyaz Mirza, with an octagonal shape, raised with two domes, eight arches and surrounded by a great wall.
Return to the hotel, dinner and overnight.
Days at leisure to enjoy the ayurvedic treatments included in the program with full board treatment.
Included treatments are:
- Ayurveda Wellness Consultation: explore your physics, mental and emotional health helping you to eliminate DOSHA, which causes disequilibria. An ayurvedic doctor will prepare a sequence of experiences, a diet and physical, tailor-made exercises. (1 treatment of 30 minutes)
- Abhyanga: a traditional full body massage performed by two synchronized therapists with sesame oil. (2 treatments of 55 minutes)
- Choornaswedana: full body massage with specific oils, it is suitable for three Dosha. During the massage a therapeutic perspiration is inducted through warm herbal compresses. (2 treatments of 55 minutes)
- Udwarthanam: a deep, and herbal massage which stimulates hair follicles, it helps in stopping the excessive subcutaneous fat. (2 treatments of 45 minutes)
- Shirodhara: a warm herbal oil is versed on the forehead to calm and satisfy mind and body. (1 treatment of 55 minutes)
- Pizhichil: a warm herbal oil greases the whole body. It strengthens immune system, greases the articulations, eliminate the toxins and make skin more elastic. (1 treatment of 75 minutes).
- Kati Vasti: it alleviates the vertebral column's aches and tensions, relax muscles and nerves. (1 treatment of 30 minutes)
- Mukh Lepa Facial: traditional herbs are used to clean, exfoliate and hydrate skin. (1 treatment of 55 minutes)
- Detox Ayurvedic experiences: the experience is selected according to your personal Dosha and your body. (3 treatments from 30 to 55 minutes)
- Personalised Yoga per room: customized yoga session according to your needs. (2 sessions of 60 minutes)
- Pranayama per room: the attention is focused on breathe to maximize the level of vitality and relaxing (2 treatments of 30 minutes)
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle Recommendation: take home all suggestions about life and feed styles to live well and in equilibrium. (1 treatments of 30 minutes)
Tour is over. After breakfast, free time at leisure until transfer to the airport.
| | 8 days | No flight
India: Delhi, Agra, Jaipur
from 442 €
| 15 days | No flight
India: Delhi, Jaipur, Ranthambore National Park, Bharatpur, Fatehpur Sikri, Jhansi, Bandhavgarh National Park, Kanha National Park, Nagpur, Mumbai
from 1,800 €
| 8 days | No flight
India: Delhi, Amritsar, Agra, Jaipur
from 688 €