The Palio is a famous horse race held twice a year in Piazza del Campo, in Siena. You will live all the drama and excitement of the four days of the Palio. On the the Palio’s eve, the “Prova Generale”, the second-last trial, is followed by a festive dinner. The next day, the most exciting events start in the afternoon with the horses blessing. After a magnificent parade in Renaissance costumes, three frenzied laps of the Piazza will decide the winner. The citizens of the winning Contrada then acclaim the horse and the jockey as heroes and will proudly celebrate all year long. Our agency is glad to offer packages that capture the true essence of the Palio, a tailor-made experience that will let you take home “the heart of Siena”.
- Departure Florence
- Duration Full day
- Meeting point Florence, Stazione Leopolda: Viale Fratelli Rosselli at the corner with Via Elio Gabbuggiani at 12:30pm
- Availability On July 2nd and August 16th
Prices and conditionsPrice includes
- Travel by GT coach or minivan with air conditioning
- Expert multilingual tour leader
- Guided tour of Siena with an expert guide
- Access to the square to watch the race
- Dinner in Piazza del Campo square
English, Spanish, Italian guaranteed without minimum numbers.
Price: Adult € 100,00
*This tour is not suitable for children under 12 years of age.
Optional: Balcony or bleacher place: from € 450,00 per person
Tour duration: 10 h
Meeting point: :Florence, Stazione Leopolda: Viale Fratelli Rosselli at the corner with Via Elio Gabbuggiani Lat:43.777883 Long:11.238635
Departure time: 12:30 pm (check in closes 15min before departure)
Return point: :Florence, Stazione Leopolda: Viale Fratelli Rosselli at the corner with Via Elio Gabbuggiani Lat:43.777883 Long:11.238635
Return time: around 10:30 pm Cancellation policy 48 hours