Meeting at 8 am in Bergamo and departure to Bellagio by private van/bus.Read more
Meeting at 8 am in Bergamo and departure to Bellagio by private van/bus.
Bellagio in undoubtedly one of the most beautiful tourist destinations, not only of Lake Como, but of the whole world. It is a small hamlet cut by alleys, studded by many craft boutiques and delimited by the lakeside, where it is possible to stroll and enjoy a 360° view of the Alpine peaks.
Time available to visit Villa Melzi and its wonderful gardens. To reach this villa it is necessary to walk along a tree-lined boulevard, at the shadow of planes. Once at the large frontal terrace, it is possible to admire the landscape provided by the lake, but also the harmony of this building, accessible by a awesome stairway.
The visit of the park meets both artistic and panoramic interests. It was designed around 1808 - 1810 by architect Luigi Canonica and botanist Luigi Villoresi, it is studded by colorful flowers, plants and trees, exotic essences, typical of the taste of that time. The part resembling an Oriental garden with a water lily pond is really charming, and particularly evocative during the autumn season.
At the end of the visit, around 12.30 pm, time available to have lunch enjoying one of the many restaurants along the lakeside. At 2.30 pm, after lunch, we'll take a boat to reach Varenna, where we have free time to explore the village.
This hamlet with its colorful houses is located on the hill dominated by the ruins of Castello di Vezio, one of the most stunning medieval castles in Lario area. Moving from the jetty to the right, along the lake, it is possible to stroll along a short pedestrian path called "Lover's walk", which takes you to the centre of the village. Varenna boasts wonderful villas with gardens open to visits.
At 4 pm we'll move to Lecco, where we'll have free time to visit the city. Lecco is famous for being the city where Alessandro Manzoni lived when he was young. It was in his house, the eighteenth-century villa Caleotto (now Manzonian Museum), that Alessandro Manzoni found the inspiration for the plot of its novel The Betrothed. The Manzonian epoch is mostly revived in Pescarenico, a district meticulously described by the writer.
At 6 pm departure for Bergamo.
- Departure Bergamo
- Duration Full day
- Meeting point Bergamo, hotel/accommodation
- Availability from 01.03.2018 to 15.11.2018
Prices and conditionsPrice includes
- Pick-up by car / minibus / bus from Bergamo or neighboring areas.
- Guide for the whole day.
- Entrance ticket for the Gardens of Villa Melzi. Single boat ticket for the Bellagio - Varenna route.
- Taxes and service percentages.
- Medical / baggage insurance.
- Quotation valid for a minimum of 30 participants, also possible on a private basis or a lower number, quotation on request
- Extra and everything not expressly specified in the "price includes" section.
- Possible tips and everything not mentioned in the "price includes" section.