- City: Italy, Pisa
- Duration: Full day
- Available languages: english italian french spanish russian
- Meeting point: Florence, inside Santa Maria Novella train station, in front of the pharmacy with the green cross.
- Availability: from 01.04.2016 to 31.10.2016
Lucca and Pisa are two of the most important historical towns in Tuscany, wonderful region of Italy, and are not-to-be-missed sights for tourists visiting the region. You will immerse yourself in the history and traditions of the two cities that are close in proximity, yet very different in personality.
A charming Tuscan landscape will be the frame to your day, spent relaxingly in company of our knowledgeable guides. You will find Pisa along the road that leads to the coast from Florence. Our guide will show you the most important squares and monuments in Pisa: the famous Piazza dei Miracoli with the Leaning Tower, the Cemetery and the Cathedral. The tour continues with a visit to a typical local wine shop, where you will taste the wines of the area. Free time available at lunchtime.
Afterwards the tour continues to Lucca, where you will have free time on arrival. It is a distinctive city of art and Renaissance style surrounded by walls interrupted by beautiful gates and ramparts. First you will take a pleasant walk on your own along a section of the town walls and enjoy a beautiful view over the roofs, alleys, house-towers, churches and marvellous noble palazzos. Then you will be led to the old town centre to see Piazza Anfiteatro, Guinigi tower, St. Martin’s Cathedral and the typical street of antique shops.
End the day with a pleasant ride back to Florence.
• Free pick up on request
• Travel by GT coach or minivan with air conditioning
• Expert multilingual escorts
• Wine tasting
• Entrance to Pisa Cathedral
• Drop off service: € 6,00 per person
• Leaning Tower Entrance: adult € 20,00 per person; children 8-12 € 11,00
Available Wednesday, Friday, Sunday. The Leaning Tower option is not suitable for children under 8 years of age. Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs.