Enjoy the gaudy shades of Rajasthan, in India, on a journey and trip like no other as you travel on board the Palace on Wheels. Thanks to this 7-night vacation and holiday in one of the most important countries of Asia, you'll have the possibility to step back in time, into the age of pomp and flair, and romance of a bygone era, when the Maharajas and Viceroys of British India travelled only in their custom coaches, on board of Palace on Wheels.
The amenities provided by this luxury train and the comfort offered by each cabin will ensure that you rediscover the finer aspects of travelling, for the entire duration of your journey. So be prepared to step back into a more refined era and an unhurried pace of life: nothing will disappoint you!
The train departs from Safdarjung Railway Station, New Delhi, where it also concludes its journey. The train moves by night and arrives each morning in a new destination, where a new experience awaits you! It is also possible to enjoy only part of the tour, departing from New Delhi and arriving in Jodhpur on day 5.
The highlights of your trip through Rajasthan are:
- Visit of Jaipur, the capital of the state of Rajasthan, in the North of India. It hosts several palaces and forts, which are evidence of its rich cultural past;
- Tour of Sawai Madhopur and Chittorgarh, the first one boasts the famous Ranthambore National Park, declared Unesco Wolrd Heritage Site, while the second is popular for the use of Khas, an aromatic plant;
- Udaipur, where it is possible to admire the several and suggestive lakes of the city, such as Lake Pichola;
- Jaisalmer, a desert city, often called Golden City due to its yellow sandstone and sand;
- Jodhpur, characterized by picturesque blue houses;
- Tour and visit of Bharatpur and Agra, where it is possible to find and discover the Keoladeo Ghana National Park, Unesco World Heritage Site, and the world-famous and impressive Taj Mahal, one of the wonders of the world.